Alex Bierut, RYT-500
Alex is a Yoga Instructor/Yoga Therapist trained at the Amrit Yoga Institute and Therapeutic Thai Bodywork Practioner trained in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Alex moved to Bozeman in November 2017 from his previous occupation at the Amrit Yoga Institute to teach Yoga and build a bodywork clientele through his expertise in ancient energetic yoga and Traditional Thai Bodywork.
As a student of yoga, Alex trained in-residency at the Amrit Yoga Institute from 2015-2017 (E-RYT500). He is currently an apprentice in the Iyengar method of Yoga preparing for initial assessment in the coming years. Alex’s Asana classes emphasize correct alignment and correct bodily actions during the physical practice to insure that practitioners at every level are aligned in the proper pose for their capacity. Classes are infused with direct scriptural and philosophical commentaries to appropriately connect the mind, body, and meditation to contextualize the yoga practice into a broader understanding of yoga as a lifestyle.
In Alex’s private bodywork practice he works with with men and women experiencing chronic physical & emotional pains, stress/anxiety (alleviating latent physical tension and mental stress) and, in long term clients, works toward the release of self-defeating patterns/habits with an emphasis on building sustainable healthy habits through self-care, yoga, and meditation.
Alex's Professional Education
· 2014: 100 Hour – Integrative Amrit Method of Yoga Nidra Professional Training – Amrit Yoga Institute
· 2015: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (concentration in communication systems and electronics design) – University of Toledo, College of Engineering
· 2015: Sevaka Karma Yoga Sadhana and lineage initiation – Amrit Yoga Institute
· 2015: 200 Hour – Yoga Teacher Training: The Posture of Consciousness, Integrative Amrit Method of Yoga: Level 1 – Amrit Yoga Institute
· 2015: 100 Hour– Advanced Studies in Yoga: Sadhana of Prana, Lakulish and the Endless Now, Prana Awakening – Amrit Yoga Institute & Stuart Sovatsky, PhD
· 2016: 200 Hour – Advanced Teacher Training: Meditation in Motion, Integrative Amrit Method of Yoga, Level 2 – Amrit Yoga Institute
· 2016: 100 Hour – Yoga Therapy: Amrit Method of Body Psychology Certification – Amrit Yoga Institute
· 2016: 40 Hour – Yoga Nidra Workshop Delivery and Education Training – Kamini Desai, PhD
· 2016: Guru Sevaka and Private Study – Gurudev Shri Amritji
· 2015 – 2017: 650 Continuing Education Hours – Event Staff and Program Management for Integrative Amrit Method of Yoga Nidra
· 2017: 100 Continuing Education Hours – Event Staff and Program Management for Integrative Amrit Method of Yoga Therapy
· 2018: 60 Hours – Level 1&2 Nuad Boran Traditional Thai Massage - ITM International Training Massage School, Chiang Mai, Thailand
· 2018: 30 Hours – Singing Bowl Sound Healing Therapy and Vibration Massage Therapy & Trainer Course - Aman Shahi Singing Bowl Specialist
· 2018: 60 Hours – Traditional Thai Massage - Pichest Boonthumme and Aon Phawat Boonthumme
· 2018: 150 Hours – Thai Therapeutic Massage and Acupressure – Baan Hom Samunphrai School